Another day in Al Ain and this morning it was a 6.00am departure. (Red eye pphh) Today was my first day driving and even though I say so myself I was pretty good at staying on the right side of the road. I didn't even look the wrong way on the round abouts. Speaking of round abouts Al Ain has got the whole concept down and organised. Every place in the world should do round abouts like Al Ain. Why? Well every round about in the city has a different feature on the middle of it. So when you give instructions to anyone you don't worry about road names or other types of landmarks you do the following;
Go to the Flamingo round about and turn left. Go straight through the three castles and turn right at the glasshouse. Turn left again at the rock and turn right at the pot .... You name it they've got it. Great big three lane round abouts and great flash as features in the middle of each. and I'm talking about big round abouts and features. The emirates also know how to drive round abouts and there are four basic rules as I can work them out.
Rule 1: Ye who hesitates is lost.
Rule 2: The right hand lane turns right immediately
Rule 3: The middle lane goes straight through
Rule 4: The left hand lane turns left
If you don't follow these very basic rules then the afore mentioned beep policy/rule applies (repeatedly)
(I'd have taken photo's except I was driving)

No comments:
Post a Comment